Saturday, May 25, 2013

Get OVER it, already.

Ok, so, this is gonna be a little bit of a rant.  All of the posts that I follow on Facebook....I find myself hiding more and more things everyday.  Even the stuff that I truly believe in, like being pro-choice and being pro-same sex marriage rights.  I am very liberal.  However, I think that there are just so many things that we should just get over.  If you are against abortion, don't have one.  Plain and simple.  I don't personally think an abortion should be something that you do over and over and use as birth control, because, let's face it....it's not birth control because there is already multiple forms of birth control available on the market for our use.  It's not like it was in the 50's and 60's where birth control and condoms weren't readily available.  However, it is not my choice to make.  I have made that choice. I was 19.  I was unemployed.  I lived with my mother.  The man that was the father was not a good anything.  He drank, a lot.  He put his hands on me, more than once.  So, why would I want to bring a child into that situation?  At any rate, it's not for me to say that someone else can't make that choice.  And it's not for you, either.  If you don't like it, that's fine, but, it's not up to you to make it illegal for someone else.  It's none of your business, so, get over it.  And all of these people out there mouthing off about gay marriage being against the Bible, or against God's law.  That book also says that it isn't for you to judge.  The bible says that the only judge is God, so, if they are sinning and are going against God's law, their judgement will be had on their day.  It's none of you business.  Get over it. A gay couple getting married WILL NOT, I repeat, WILL NOT affect your heterosexual marriage.  Also, the weapon of choice is Leviticus.  And that book, folks, is in the Old Testament.  Which has since been replaced with the New Testament.  The Old Testament is not supposed to be the way we live anymore.  Gay marriage is no different a civil right than removing the division between african americans and caucasian people.  It wasn't all that long ago that my best friend and I would never have met because she is half black.  She might never have been because her parents were an interracial couple....if there hadn't been a HUGE civil rights movement to remove that separation, my best friend might never have been born.  What I'm trying to say is that we are huge melting pot here in America if we would just melt a little.  We spend so much time hating each other's differences that we miss each other's wonderful similarities.  We are all HUMAN.  We all love.  We all bleed.  We all cry.  And we are all going to die.  Constantly fighting each other and spreading hate will only alienate us.  Hating someone because their skin isn't the same color, or because they are gay is like hating someone because they're tall....or blonde....or have green eyes.  None of these things are choices.  For all of you that think being gay is a choice, think about when you chose to be straight.  Oh, you can't pinpoint it?  Yeah, that's because it isn't a choice.So the moral of the story is, some people are gay.  Some people are straight.  Some people have brown skin.  Some people have peach skin.  Some people even have yellow skin.  Get over it.  Because if you did, you wouldn't have to hate so much and waste so much energy hating people and things that could care less if you do.  You are missing the person that could be your one true love, or your best friend.  You are missing things.  They are not.  Because while are you wasting your energy hating them, they are having wonderful lives with people that love them.

Get over it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment